Industry Training and Workforce Development Senior Advisor
- Up to 0.5FTE (20 hours per week, flexible working)
- Plenty of engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Newly created role - stamp your mark! Preferably based in Wellington
Based in central Wellington, the Meat Industry Association (MIA) of New Zealand is a voluntary trade association representing New Zealand meat processors, marketers and exporters. The MIA acts and advocates on behalf of its members and provides advice on economic, trade policy, market access, employment relations, business compliance costs and technical and regulatory issues facing the industry. The MIA also provides whole of industry services to its members in the areas of innovation and halal processing.
In this newly created role, you will advise and assist the Chief Executive, staff and members of MIA on industry training and workforce development matters that are likely to affect the New Zealand meat processing and exporting industry.
MIA is nearing the completion of an Industry Workforce Development Strategy, which will be finalised early in 2022, and you will play a pivotal role in its implementation and in operationalising the recommendations that come out of it.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and facilitating industry training programmes and workshops as requested by members
- Working with meat processors to develop industry positions on training and workforce development needs
- Providing subject matter expertise to training programme and unit standard developments
- Developing, influencing and promoting strategies and programmes that will enhance the collective capability and skills of the industry
- Supporting the industry participation in the ROVE review and the establishment of Workforce Development Councils to ensure industry training needs are well understood and catered for
- Identifying ways to profile the industry in secondary schools to showcase the industry as a viable and desirable career option for school leavers
MIA is a small team who all work collaboratively. As such, you’ll participate in and contribute to MIA strategy and planning sessions and other team activities aimed at ensuring the Association is delivering on members’ expectations.
- A solid understanding of New Zealand skills and training framework and the role of on-the-job training
- A track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- Very highly developed written and oral communication and advocacy skills
- The ability to translate strategic direction into successful operational initiatives
- Ability to lead projects – strong project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work with social media to promote and showcase the industry and highlight career opportunities
- A solid team player with the ability to work autonomously when necessary
- An understanding of the meat processing operating environment, in particular the training and upskilling practices of the meat processing and export sector and the gaps that can impact the successful operation of meat companies would be advantageous
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 16 January 2022
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
Download Position Description
P: 04 499 1069